Monday, September 24, 2012

Solo show: Interchange

To see some of my paintings in person why not go down to the :
Art Institute of CaliforniaSan Diego

7650 Mission Valley Rd, San Diego, CA - (858) 598-1200

My show “Interchange”  will be up from September 21 through November 3.
The reception will be Friday, October 5, 6-8 PM.  

The painting installation above, almost 12 feet in lenght (or 3.7 meters, for my metric-loving friends) is entitled "so long" and is based on images from Google Earth along the I-5 corridor that extends North from the border of California with Tijuana, Mexico.  This is a continuing project as I march up the coastline.

Other paintings in the show are from two other series. Pointed has some large paintings on polyester film based on interpretations of maps and puzzles. Chromophilia is a group of paintings that take their inspiration from the magic of machines.



No comments:

Post a Comment